5 Easiest Ways to Split Screen Windows Laptops and MacBooks
The Easiest Way To Split Screen Windows Laptop and MacBook, Are you really sick of going back and forth to your laptop’s open/close window? Split the screen into two parts! Not literally, like cutting it with a knife! The application will be on the left and right side at the same time.
This laptop split screen method allows you to stare at two or more applications, at the same time. This certainly helps multitasking more efficiently.
How to split screen laptop on Windows 10
Windows users don’t have to worry about having to open multiple features at the same time. Because, Windows has embedded split screen technology using cursors or shortcuts that make work easier.
If you are a Windows 10 user, these two ways to split screen laptop will help speed up your computing performance. Take notes and practice, yes!
1. Split the screen by moving the cursor
When you work with the help of a mouse, this first method will be very easy to do.
6 Ways to Split Screen With Cursor
- Open the two apps you want to appear on the screen at the same time
- In an application window, hover over the title bar or an empty space at the top of the window
- Left mouse button click, hold and drag
- Position the window on the right or left as needed. Make sure to put it stuck to the edge
- Do the same with other applications, swipe to the side that has not been closed by the application
- If you want to open more applications and divide the screen up to four sides, then click and drag the application window to the corner of the screen.
After a while of setting up your screen display, you can now work with two to four different apps at the same time. No need to bother opening and closing again, okay!
2. Split screen with shortcut
Lazy to hold the mouse? Relax, there is a shortcut that can be a way to divide the laptop screen. Well, here’s how:
4 Ways To Split screen with shortcut
- Open two to four applications that you want to appear on the screen at the same time
- Activate the screen that you want to move, don’t minimize it
- To put the application on the right side, then click the Windows key + right arrow simultaneously on the keyboard
- Instead, click the Windows key + left arrow when you want to position the application to the left.
If you want to divide the screen into four parts, you will need to take an additional step. For example, you want to put an application on the top left, then after clicking Windows + left arrow, continue by clicking Windows + up arrow.
How to split screen laptop in Windows 11
Have you updated Windows to the latest version? A sign that you are ready to enjoy more sophisticated and varied split screen features. Instead of just quadrupling a square, Windows 11 lets you divide four screens in a vertical rectangle.
To do so, you need to enable the Snap Windows feature via settings.
5 Ways To split screen laptop in Windows 11
- Open settings, to make it easier to search through the search bar
- Select the ‘System’ menu
- Find and click on the ‘Multitasking’ option
- Activate the ‘Snap Windows’ menu by sliding the toggle to active
- Make sure to check all or some of the options as needed.
After Windows Snap is activated, you can immediately apply the laptop split screen method in Windows 11. There are two ways:
3. Using the Snap Layout feature
One of the features in Snap Windows is Snap Layout. This feature allows you to display the screen according to the selected layout. Here are the steps :
6 Ways To Using The Snap Layout Feature
- Open one of the apps you want to display by sharing the screen
- Move the cursor using the mouse or touchpad to the maximize function icon at the end of the window (the middle between the minimize and close functions)
- After that, the screen will display a pop up menu containing the options available in Snap Layout under the maximize . function icon
- Select the Snap Layout mode you want. There are six split screen modes. The form also varies, from two, three, up to four applications on one screen
- After selecting the model, Snap Layout will automatically move the selected application to the position you set
- After that, the screen will also show other active applications that you can choose to fill the empty space next to the ‘split’ application on the screen.
By using the Snap Layout feature, you don’t need to slide the application anymore. Because Windows will do it automatically for you.
4. Using the Snap Assist feature
Actually, this feature is similar to how to split a laptop screen in half in Windows 10. However, Windows 11 makes it a more sophisticated version. The method :
3 Ways To Using The Snap Assist Feature
- Position the mouse cursor over the Title Bar at the top of the application window parallel to the window closing function icon
- Left-click on the mouse right in the Title Bar, then hold
- Drag the window of the application you’re clicking on until it’s stuck to the right or left to split it in half, to the corner to divide the screen into quarters.
The difference is, Windows 11 will bring up the Snap Layout option when you rearrange the screen. Just do it once and Windows will customize it for you.
5. How to split screen laptop on Macbook
Mac users don’t panic, Apple has also embedded a split screen facility on Macbook advanced devices. Unlike Windows, which can be set using shortcuts, MacOS already has function keys on each window. The method:
6 Ways To Split Screen Laptop On Macbook
- Open one of the applications you want to display at the same time
- Place your cursor on the green Full-Screen button in the upper-left corner of the window
- In the floating option, select Tile Window to Left of Screen to put the application
- it’s to the left
- Instead, select Tile Window to Right of Screen to split the screen in half and place the window to the right
- Apply to all the applications you want to open at the same time.
For the record, the above method applies to macOS Catalina version or later. If you are using an older version, then the way to split the laptop screen on your Macbook is:
4 Ways To Split Screen Laptop On Older Version Of Macbook
- Click and hold the Full Screen button in the upper left corner of the application window.
- This action will make the window float and appear smaller
- Drag the app to the left or right side of the screen as needed
- Unclick the active one, then select the other applications you want to open simultaneously on one screen.
If the Split View feature on your MacBook doesn’t appear, go to Apple Settings > System Preferences > Mission Control. Make sure the Displays have separate spaces option is checked or enabled.
Windows and MacBooks, on average, already have the feature of dividing the screen into two or more. Just choose how to split the laptop screen according to the operating system version of your device.