How to install the HomePod Software 16 public beta, Apple has finally released the new HomePod Software 16 in the public beta software program, which you can download today. However, at its recently concluded WWDC event, Apple didn’t share any new features that will come with this update for your HomePod.
How to download and install the HomePod Software 16 public beta
It seems like the updates are mainly to prepare for the release of the new Matter home standard later this fall, and support for Apple’s Home app that comes with iOS 16 update.
Alongwith the Apple TV, The HomePod mini was also announced and is geared towards being a hub for Apple’s HomeKit system, which allows you to monitor your smart home If you use Matter and the public beta software of iOS, then you might be interested in this!
If you would like to get your hands on the latest HomePod public beta, follow these steps:
To get the public beta update on your mini, follow these steps:
- Why not sign up for Apple’s beta program? It will provide you with the opportunity to access new features before-the-fact. If you are already a member, just log in.
- Once you’re signed in, please select the “Enroll Your Devices” menu option from the menu bar.
- In the list of software betas, select HomePod Software.
- You must enroll your iPad or iPhone and be using the iOS 16 Public Beta on one of these devices if you haven’t already participated in the beta. (You must an iOS device running iOS 16 in order to get HomePod Software 16.)
- On your iOS device, open the Home app, tap the Home symbol in the top left corner, select Home Settings from the drop-down menu, and then select Software Update.
- Register the desired HomePod mini for the beta program (you can choose several if you have more than one).
- The most recent beta will be updated on the HomePod mini.
- Turn on Automatic Updates (seen on the previous screen) to automatically install the most recent beta software as it becomes available.
- Given that this software is in beta testing, there may be bugs or other problems. To report any issues, you can download the Apple Feedback Assistant app. If you decide you no longer want to participate, you can also use a USB-C cable and a Mac or PC to reset your HomePod mini to its factory defaults.